Gorilla Trekking Safaris Rwanda, Uganda and DR Congo, Gorilla Safaris Africa
Gorilla trekking in Africa is one of the most prominent safari activities carried out by many travelers interested in Gorilla trekking Adventures in Africa in Uganda, Rwanda and DR Congo.
Book a Gorilla Safaris to enjoy remarkable Gorilla Trekking Safari Tours as you track the Mountain Gorillas and Eastern Lowland Gorillas of Africa.
Things To Know About Mountain and Lowland Gorillas in Africa
7 Facts About Gorillas in Africa
- Gorillas are Primates living in the various Montane Forest Vegetation.
- They Are distributed into various types which include; Mountain Gorillas, Eastern Lowland Gorillas, Western Lowland Gorillas, Cross River Gorillas.
- the Lowland Gorillas inhabit the Lowland areas and swampy terrain vegetation in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Mountain Gorillas inhabit the thick forest vegetation and highland areas in Uganda, Rwanda and DR Congo.
- They are vegetarians feeding on fruits, vegetables candid insects annually.
- These live together hierarchically in groups with a Silver back leading the group, defending it from any danger.
- He is followed by adult females, black backs/young gorillas which are followed by the juveniles/ infant.
Gorilla Trekking Process in Africa
Gorilla trekking involves transferring through thick forest vegetation searching for the rare species of Gorillas for a period of 3-5 hours depending on the current location of the Gorillas.
You will transfer in groups of 8 with a skilled ranger guide who will inform you about the Gorillas then you will proceed through the forest from one place to another and when you meet them you will stay in their presence for a period of one hour.
In Uganda, these are tracked and viewed in two National parks i.e Bwindi Forest National Park and Mgahinga National park where as in Rwanda these can be tracked in Volcanoes National Park and DR Congo in Virunga National Park and Kahuzi Biega National Park.
Cost of Gorilla Trekking Permit in Africa
The Gorilla Trekking Permit costs US $600 per person in Uganda at Bwindi Forest National park and Mgahinga National Park, US $1500 per person in Rwanda at Volcanoes National park and US $400 per person in DR Congo at Virunga National Park and Kahuzi Biega National Park.
The Best Time to Go Gorilla Trekking in Africa
Travelers around the world can transfer to track the Gorillas anytime around the year although the best time to track these primates is during the short rain or dry season in the months of January to February then June to September.
What to Wear For Gorilla Trekking in Africa
When preparing to Go for Gorilla trekking, pack and carry the following trekking gear to enjoy the best Gorilla Trekking Safari Adventures.
- Long Sleeved Denim Shirt/ T-shirt: this will cover the arms to protect you from being pierced by wild plants, bush thorns, insects, and morning mist/chill.
- Rain Jacket: this will protect you from the rain due to the fact that it rains anytime around the equator. So carry a cheap poncho/ light jacket for the best Gorilla Adventures.
- Long pants/ trouser not jeans: these will protect you from thorns, branches.
- Light Weight Boots: these will enable navigate flexibly along the steep terrain as you track the rare species of Gorillas in their natural vegetation habitat.
- Building/Gardening gloves: these are made of cotton and should be padded along the palms and fingers to protect them since touching the various vines is inevitable.
- Waterproof plastic bag; this to help keep the camera/film
- Camera without a flash